The Malaysian Government has introduced simplified and hassle-free entry procedures to welcome international students like you to study at Malaysian public and private higher educational institutions.
A visa is required but the procedure is simple i.e. You do NOT need to apply for a visa from the Malaysian Embassy in your home country in order to enter Malaysia to study, with the exception of students from the People's Republic of China. The visa will be issued to you upon your arrival in Malaysia at the immigration check point provided you have valid travel documents and a letter of approval for a student pass by the Malaysian Immigration Department.
As an international student it is required to get the student visa and we recommend that students submit the application form and the Registration and Visa processing fee, it will take 4 - 12 weeks for Malaysia Immigration to process the Visa application for International Students.
Studying in Malaysia offers international students more than theoretical achievement and an international recognized qualification, the Malaysian educational activity will present students a wealthiest of academic knowledge and vocational skills that will be advantageous for a lifetime.
Malaysia is an increasingly popular point to get tertiary education with more than 40,000 international students from over 100 countries learning in Malaysia. It is the heart of academic and higher education excellence in the area.
The documents required for Malaysia student visa for Students are as follows
1. 1 (one) copy of Covering Letter (Individual or Institution - typed written).
2. 1 (one) Visa Application Forms (IM. 47-Pin. 1/97) - typed written/bold print.
3. 2(two) recent photographs of applicant (passport size/blue background).
4. Original & Photocopy of Pakistan National Identity Card (CNIC) (A4 size).
5. Original passport & photocopy of passport (A4 size) validity of passport must be more than 6 (six) months during time of travel.
6. Original & photocopies of confirmed airline tickets.
7. Original copy of Bank statement/s for the last six (6) months (minimum Rs. 100,000) sufficient funds to cover expenses of individual or group travel (must be verified/certified by the issuing bank).
8. Original & photocopy of offer letter from university or college.
9. Original & photocopy of approval letter from Immigration Department, Malaysia.
10. Affidavit of support letter from sponsor & copy of sponsor CNIC.
11. Original copy of sponsor's bank statement - verified by the issuing bank (sufficient funds to cover student's expenses).
12. Confirmed ticket - preference Malaysia Airlines/PIA.
Once the above is received, all required documents will be submitted to the Fedex and they will forward it to the Malaysian Embassy for Student Visa application. Usually this process takes 3 working days.
How To Apply
Step 1. The student submits an application form for study, together with the relevant documents to the intended educational institution which has the official approval from the Ministry of Home Affairs (Immigration Department) to recruit international students. Step 2. The Student’s application is accepted by the educational institution, which then helps to apply for a student pass at the Malaysian Immigration Department in Malaysia (except for students from the PRC). Step 3. Upon acceptance, a letter of approval for the student pass is released by the Malaysian Immigration Department to the educational institution for them to pass on to the student Step 4. Before leaving his/her country for Malaysia, the student informs the educational institution of his/her port of entry (airport), flight number, arrival date and time. Step 5. Upon arrival at the airport in Malaysia, the educational institution’s representative receives the student at the immigration check-point. Step 6. Within 2 weeks of the student’s arrival, the educational institution submits the student’s passport to the Immigration Department, which attaches the student pass sticker.
19 Walstead Road West, Walsall – WS5 4NX, United Kingdom