University of Mediterranean Karpasia (UMK; in Turkish: Akdeniz Karpaz Üniversitesi) is a private university founded in North Nicosia, Northern Cyprus in 2012. The medium of instruction at University of
Mediterranean Karpasia is English in most departments.
The University of Mediterranean Karpasia strives to reap benefits of academic research and studies by conducting education within production
and putting into use the university – industry cooperation. Accordingly, in order to reach standards of global universities and enable out students to have internationally recognized diplomas after graduation,
agreements have been made with some international universities, including B.H.M.S. Business & Hotel Management School - Switzerland, Superior University, and College of Tourism & Hotel Management (COTHM).
Our programs are regularly reviewed to ensure they have national and international relevance. The University's close links with major industries play an important role in the design and academic rigour
of programs which will greatly benefit new graduates.
North Cyprus, because it offers:
- Easy integration into cultural and climatic conditions,
- An island famous for its exceptional natural beauty and historical richness,
- Friendly and cordial people,
- Lifestyle characterized with tranquility and peace (very low crime rates)
- Multicultural environment with students from 80 different countries,
- An island of Universities and knowledge,
- Education at global and European standards
- EngliAn advantage of education in English for an international career,
- Facilities and quality of education offered by the university.